Head of Direct To Consumer APPLY NOW
COVID19 Hiring Notice: Seed has transitioned to a temporary work from home model and we’re continuing to recruit by interviewing digitally through video. The following role is expected to begin as a ”wfh” position while we adjust to the new normal. We recognize that each persons situation is different and we will do our best to accommodate interim and long-term work location arrangements. If we advance in the process and you’re selected to interview, be sure to discuss your preferred option with the recruiter. Thanks.
Seed is looking for a strategic leader to take on the role of Head of Direct to Consumer overseeing the end-to-end strategy and execution of the DTC business, including building seedgolf.com into a primary golf equipment destination for men & women. We have big ambitions for our DTC business and are looking for a leader who will set the vision and strategy to achieve these goals.
You will deeply understand our experience and customer journey to own the development and execution of a strategic roadmap tied to business outcomes like revenue and retention as well as brand goals like NPS, brand health metrics, and build toward our ultimate goal of being the largest online golf brand in the world.
This role will be part of the Seed core leadership team and reports directly to the Seed GM. You will own growth marketing (acquisition and retention) and web product and guide the strategic roadmap for engineering, analytics and digital creative. The ideal candidate is a coach, leader, collaborator and culture carrier.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee the DTC business for Seed -- you’ll be responsible for the public face of the seedgolf.com business and help develop the strategic vision and roadmap from acquisition to retention to advocacy.
- Develop and lead the implementation of Seed’s long term DTC strategy and customer facing experience (acquisition, web, CRM).
- Own acquisition marketing, developing and scaling channels quickly and efficiently to drive new customer growth. Lead the team to develop smart channel, creative and digital experience tactics.
- Lead digital product initiatives and engineering priorities by setting a clear roadmap and guiding the team in customer-centric execution
- Own the strategy for how best to leverage our growth marketing and web experiences to enhance the DTC business, as well as support the retail portion of the business.
- Own budgeting and forecasting for the DTC portion of the business
- Manage, coach and develop the DTC team, including channel managers (digital and offline) and digital product manager and own the future DTC org build out.
- Work in lockstep with brand and creative leaders to ensure the Seed brand is brought to life in a thoughtful and compelling way on DTC
- Partner and guide x-functional team roadmaps to support the DTC business (digital design/creative, analytics, product engineering, S&OP)
- Partner across the broader Seed organisation to drive cross functional initiatives and represent Seed in digital cross-brand efforts (e.g., quarterly platform prioritization, holiday planning, new digital channels)
- Play an active role as a leader within the Seed leadership team
This should describe you:
- A strong business thinker who thrives in scaling businesses efficiently and effectively, taking real ownership and accountability over their work and results
- Proven digital marketing leader who understands and has worked across the full DTC marketing funnel, including acquisition experience
- ~5 years of work experience, with at least 3+ years in eCommerce
- Customer centric. Someone who puts the customer at the core of their strategy and invests in creating great experiences that reinforce the bigger mission of the business
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand
- A highly organized “doer” with an exceptional ability to multitask, who will take initiative and execute and thrives on developing structure around something new
- An empathetic leader that enjoys coaching and supporting their team’s development
- A natural collaborator. Someone with a passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams
- Experience working with in house digital product, design and engineering teams
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves and get things done
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
More About Seed
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Seed launched in 2017 starting with just one golf ball Since then, we have expanded our assortment and aim to be the first brand that offers products for every purpose: balls, tees, gloves, bags, headwater, outerwear and accessories.
With hundreds of thousands golf balls sold since launch, we have brought a fresh voice and set of options to the space. Additionally, our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like MyGolfSpy, Golf Digest, The Irish Times, The Irish Examiner, Todays Golfer and InBusiness, and we’ve won over many of the internets golf 'influnecers'.
Seed. started in 2017 with awesome, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to golfers every day. Since then, Seed has expanded to 35 countries, and expanded our brand into other golf products.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From aeronautical & mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Seed's team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brand answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the brand and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Seed is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
2021-01-25|||Carlow, Ireland|||DTC & Strategic Business Team||||||Wo~fIM3cY5jV-obX|||FULL_TIME|||EUR|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false