Associate Procurement Officer APPLY NOW
COVID19 Hiring Notice: Seed has transitioned to a temporary work from home model and we’re continuing to recruit by interviewing digitally through video. The following role is expected to begin as a ”wfh” position while we adjust to the new normal. We recognize that each persons situation is different and we will do our best to accommodate interim and long-term work location arrangements. If we advance in the process and you’re selected to interview, be sure to discuss your preferred option with a recruiter. Thanks.
Seed is looking for a rockstar Associate Procurement Manager to direct the tactical and operational elements of our supply chain, including supplier performance management, savings delivery, supply security and innovation management. This individual will regularly collaborate with 3rd party / Seed manufacturing, packaging and raw material supplier partners to launch new innovations, deliver value improvement programs and lead supplier performance reviews to deliver savings, quality, service and on time in full delivery to the business.
This will involve the execution of small, medium and large sourcing activities with a focus on data retrieval and analysis, market research, negotiation and relationships with suppliers, benchmarking activities, contract management in respective system(s), innovation management, savings delivery and supply chain improvement initiatives. This individual will be key in optimizing our cost of goods sold through Seed’s broad supply market leverage through various programs such as directed buying of packaging and raw materials, supply issue first point of contact and escalation if needed, reporting and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will regularly seek out new ideas to deliver business results through benchmarking and understanding best practices. They will act as the voice of the supplier, proposing action plans together with input from supplier partners on all potential business risks associated with innovation management, supply continuity and quality risks within assigned Business Team.
The selected individual must collaborate with the various functions throughout Seed such as Procurement, Product and Packaging Development, Research and Development, Planning, Finance, Brand, Supply Chain and the external supply base. The individual must be comfortable to challenge teams on conclusions that work against overall strategy.
Supply Base Collaboration
- Leads collaboration with 3rd party / Seed manufacturing, packaging and raw material suppliers to ensure on-time in full at quality delivery of new innovations and reoccurring production to meet or exceed savings, service, quality and delivery expectations.
- Serve as the first point of contact for supply issues (delays, out of spec material, supply constraints, etc.), understanding the issue in detail, proactively providing potential solutions and if needed, engage the wider Seed network to resolve
- Ensure successful implementation of supplier contracts, operationalize supplier contracts in respective systems, implement directed buying at 3rd parties, collaborate with suppliers to ensure seamless material flow and drive continuous improvement of cost, quality and service
Process Excellent and Continuous Improvement
- Bring supply market insights and best practices to deliver a better business outcome – challenge the “status quo”
- Manages and controls ERP contract management to ensure optimal cost, quality and terms for all elements of our physical products
- Develop strong relationships and working knowledge of supplier’s processes
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement across our supply base
Stakeholder Alignment and Change Management
- Develop collaborative relationships throughout Seed and with supplier partners to champion business change in line with company strategy
- Manage new innovations, supplier transitions, continuous improvement programs, performance and service metric improvement and corrective actions as required
- Drive continuous improvements in service and quality processes with the 3rd Party manufacturers, suppliers and plants to deliver supply resilience and proactive supply risk management
- 2-3 years experience in a dynamic procurement environment
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Operations, Mgmt or similar
- Preferred certificates: APICS, CPSM
- Proven ability to lead internal and external stakeholders indirectly to achieve cost, service quality, and time to market commitments
- Experience managing external suppliers
- Preferred experience with ERP/procurement/contracts systems – Xero, Shopify
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Ability to quickly derive meaningful data-driven insights and make decisions based on those insights
- Experience in a consumer-packaged goods setting is a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to formulate and articulate valid conclusions
- Success in managing change through all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation and writing skills
Seed is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
2022-03-31|||Carlow, Ireland|||Supply Chain & Logistics Team||||||3h4rhWaktn-dclap|||FULL_TIME|||EUR|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false